Saturday

fabulous finds

I love clothes. I find it really hard to turn my back on clothes that fit me really well.

I was waiting for a friend yesterday when I started getting bored. I hate waiting so I decided to visit the Forever 21 store in Megamall to pass time. I like going to that store. I always find something pretty and affordable whenever I pay a visit. The only problem I encounter is that their size Small doesn't always fit me well (and not all styles come in Extra Small so that's a problem).

The Forever 21 store in Megamall is always full of people - of girls, ladies and women going through rack after rack of clothes and of boyfriends and husbands waiting for their partners. (Poor guys, do they know how long it takes a woman to choose clothes in a store THAT big? I bet they're bored to death. Personally, I'd never subject my boyfriend to that kind of torture, really.) I like how the F21 sales personnel never bother you while you're choosing clothes; I feel more comfortable that way.

I like anything that's more affordable than the other items. I like finding items that are really affordable. I'm a sucker for good bargains. It's a given though that they should all look pretty. I have once bought a navy blue jacket for just under Php 500. I wear it to work often and my co-workers think it's worth a lot more than what I actually paid for.



Last night, I found 3 items that I loved because they (1) look good, (2) fit me well, and (3) are way more affordable than the other items.

One of the items I bought is a skinny ankle jeans in dark denim. I got them for only Php 545. Isn't that a steal?  I like dark denim because they don't soil so easily. I've been into skinny jeans ever since they became a trend; they make a lot of difference in making me look well put-together. It's one thing to wear nice clothes and another to wear nice clothes that fit well. Because I'm small, my problem has always been not finding clothes that fit really well. Jeans often look big on me, like they have been handed down to me be a giant sister. The result is always the same - I end up looking even smaller and skinnier than I actually am. But skinny jeans make me look proportionate and I love them for that.

Image taken from the Forever 21 website

The two other items I bought are actually of the same style, which is the basic banded hem top. I bought them in two colors. The one in teal caught my eye first. It had the loveliest and liveliest teal I ever saw in the store last night. The fabric is light and soft so it's perfect for the tropical climate. When I tried it on, it fit me really well. It doesn't make me look very slim too. I like the laid-back vibe I get  from it.

Image taken from Forever 21's website

I loved it instantly that I thought of trying the one in black. I like black. It always looks classy and I think that it's hard to go wrong when you're wearing black. It's also very easy to accessorize a black top or black dress. But since I'm petite, I try to stay away from the color even though I really love it because black has a slimming quality to it. I'm pretty sure almost all girls out there know that by heart by now. Not that that's a bad thing. That's just bad news for me because I don't like looking a lot less slimmer than I actually am.

Image taken from the Forever 21 website

When I tried it on though, it didn't make me look small and slim. And that was when I decided to get both colors. I got them for just Php 385 a piece. This style also comes in coral, which is another pretty color but it just doesn't go well with my skin tone. I think the one in coral though would really look good on girls with really fair skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment