Friday

for the love of cardigans and good bargains

I was in Megamall earlier this week when I passed by Mango, which was on sale. I really wasn't planning to buy anything but I stumbled upon the cardigan I forgot I really wanted to buy. The best thing about it was that it's on sale!


This is the cardigan I fell in love with the moment I laid my eyes on it several months ago. It's a short-knit cardigan with 3/4 sleeves, scoop neck and ribbed hem.

I love cardigans. If you get to see me everyday, you'd know that I love cardigans. I wear one to work almost every other day. I love wearing tops and dresses with no to very short sleeves. Because I'm petite and have arms as slim as imaginable, I don't like wearing things that make me look even smaller so I shy away from tops and dresses with sleeves that emphasize my arms' slimness. I'm very conscious about how slim my arms are. They are so slim, I can't even wear a proper bangle - except if I get one meant for a child. And because it can get a bit cold inside my office, I always have a cardigan or a jacket to keep me warm. I prefer cardigans though because they're so light and easy to carry. I can put them in my bag and not worry that they'll get wrinkled because most of the ones I have are knitted. Plus they are so easy to pair with almost everything I have. I can use it with a dress, with jeans, with skirt, with shorts and it never fails to make me achieve the look I want to project.



When I saw this cardigan on sale, my mind went out of the window and my hand went straight to reach for it. But because I got a red short-knit cardigan for Christmas last year, I decided that I do not need two red short-knit cardigans. What do I do with two - especially when they are in the same shade of red? I could not justify purchasing another one because I knew I'd end up having a favorite. I will end up not wearing one and that will just be a waste of money and - not to mention - space in my very crammed closet. But what I could justify was buying the same cardigan in white and blue.



The best thing about it was that I got each of them for just Php 490. A steal, isn't it?



Apart from that, this red small messenger bag caught my eye.

Isn't it lovely? I've been wanting to get a small red messenger bag and this was the perfect one! Most of the bags I have are black but I've been wanting to give my bag selection a color boost. I like how a brightly colored bag can enliven a simple outfit. I also like small shoulder bags with really long straps that I can wear as messenger or sling bags. I use big bags to work because I have a lot of stuff that I bring to work but whenever I go out on weekends or out traveling, I like using small bags because I usually don't bring a lot of things with me. I got this red bag just for Php 970.



There are other things I wanted to buy but I stopped myself because I didn't want my bank account to suffer. But if you'd indulge me, here are the things from Mango that I want in my closet.

 
I like this dress because it's perfect for when I'm traveling. I like the pattern and the colors. If this was in my closet, I'd wear this to the beach or when I'm traveling on the countryside. It's perfect for laidback weekends as well.

I can wear this dress to work and to a party or a get together with friends after work. I love the color!

I like the casual vibe of this dress. I love that it also has a side pocket.
I have a tunic from Promod that is similar to this. I like the color and how laidback it looks.

I just love the color of this cardigan. I really want one!

I like the color of this cardigan as well. It looks sheer though.

I love how feminine yet sexy this skirt looks. This will go perfectly well with my other work clothes.


 For now though, I'm going crazy thinking of all the possibilities with these three new items in my closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment