Sunday

beauty can be comfortable

The reason I love shopping is because I love having clothes and shoes that look good on me. In essence, I love looking good. Looking good makes me feel good.

Sometime ago, I heard that beauty is pain. Whoever I heard it from said that if you want to look beautiful, you have to be stand the pain or the discomforts that come with it. And I can almost absolutely agree just thinking about the lengths women usually go to just to be more beautiful. Cases in point:
  • Putting on eyeliner
 Maybe this is not true for everybody but I feel absolute discomfort everytime I have to put on eyeliner. Perhaps it has got to do with my small Asian eyes (which I absolutely love, I’m almost a monolid) or that I don’t usually put make-up on.
  • Two words: HIGH heels
It’s not as comfortable walking on 4-inch heels as celebrities and models make it look.  They absolutely look nice and when you choose the right pair of shoes, not only do they add a few extra inches but they also make your legs look longer and sexier. I think it’s heaven-sent to find heels that are made for walking. 



I think though that being beautiful does not necessarily have to be equal to pain and discomfort. Being beautiful can be comfortable and easy. I love high heels especially because I’m on the short side being only 5’1″ but I try to avoid wearing them when I anticipate standing for a long time or walking around. And since I am an impulse shopper, my solution is to always carry with me a pair of flats.

I’ve been such a huge fan of flats since they’ve made a comeback a few years ago. I love how comfortable they are. I’ve recently visited the Payless store in Shangri-La Plaza and bought 2 pairs of Comfort Plus by Predictions, one in bronze and one in gold. They’re simple and very affordable at Php 625 per pair.





My feet are happy because of these comfortable flats. I think the bronze one will look great with my beige and brown tops – of which I have a lot. I’m thinking the gold pair will look great with black cotton and pastel dresses. I can’t wait to wear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment